ABOUT AUTHOR

Body building for the elderly


Rarely would one think that as you age it is more important to do some body building than when you are younger. Balance, muscles, and even the pads on the bottom of the feet can loosen and disappear if nothing is done to strengthen them. People often find out the hard way because few will discuss how to avoid aging problems. A good healthy lifestyle, diet, exercise and joint protection are all part of surviving a good quality of life.

These things are known due to my age and the circumstances that have taken me to the gym to improve my overall health. After sitting for years writing and not paying attention to the extra weight he was piling on, the shock came to inform us that a blood test showed a fatty liver. As a former medical student, this hit me hard because it is a precursor to cancer.

Taking a closer look at myself, it was clear that the extra weight that was being carried around unnecessarily was robbing me of energy as well as other things. One of the worst things was my tendency to trip over anything in front of me. Once on the ground it was impossible for me to get up again and jump on my butt so reaching for something to help me wasn’t cute.

One day I fell on my face in the garden and could not lift myself up with my arms to get up again. Several minutes later, there was no choice but to squeeze as hard as I could on those stubborn muscles to get up from the situation. The arms took about a week to recover.

This kind of thing is unnecessary because the change in my lifestyle will soon be proven. First, there was no sugar or salt which was my answer to the healthy situation. Fruit contains sugar and even that is off the list. However, it has been reintroduced as a smoothie for breakfast in place of oats and other things. Yogurt with extra protein and at least four pieces of fruit plus a stick of celery is now my regular breakfast.

Joining a gym was one of the best solutions to my problems. My vocational training instructors put me through exercises that healed my balance so I wouldn’t falter now. If I’m on the floor, as part of my gym workout, it’s easy to get up again and in about 8 months I’ve dropped up to 8 kilos in weight.

While there is still a long way to go since the weight is still up at least now the muscles are building back up on my arms and legs. A bike in the gym is one of the best exercises, and spending half an hour a day on it and riding up to 6 kilometers is beneficial.

There is another great bonus received for attending the gym. Over the time of going there are now many friends to cuddle with and talk to. Some hang out after PT sessions and we talk about things in general. This is what older people miss, especially if they live alone. All things bodybuilding for seniors is a must.

Post a Comment

0 Comments